COMBIMET 19” – Modern 19” rack cases for 1U, 2U and 3U rack-mounted electronics equipment
COMBIMET 19" rack mount enclosures are available with or without ventilated top and base panels for cooling
||Web Press Release
METCASE has launched the all-new COMBIMET 19” rack case range with optional ventilation to help users reduce cooling loads, cut energy costs and reduce carbon footprints.
Each easy-to-customise model in the COMBIMET range is available with or without enhanced vents that significantly improve in-rack airflow and cooling.
Modern and versatile COMBIMET 19 inch enclosures are designed for a wide range of OEM rack-based electronics equipment.
Each COMBIMET 19” rack mount case conforms to DIN 41494 and IEC 279-1 standards. Typical applications will include networking and communications equipment, industrial computers, sound and studio systems, laboratory instruments and industrial control systems.
COMBIMET enclosures are supplied fully assembled. Twenty four individual models are available – from a 1U rack case to 2U and 3U sizes, in depths of 265 mm and 365 mm. Prices start from £64.
Custom sizes (such as 4U or 6U) and different depths can be manufactured on request. Two standard colours are available, Light Grey, RAL 7035 and Black, RAL 9005. Special colours can also be supplied to order.
COMBIMET 19” rack mount enclosures are manufactured in lightweight and robust aluminium. The construction consists of a standard 19” anodised aluminium front panel which is fitted to the main case body.
The case body consists of a top, base and rear panel mounted to two U-section side panels. The top, base and rear panel are removable for easier installation and servicing of the equipment.
The base panels are pre-punched with mounting holes for the accessory PCB screw pillars or the optional internal mounting plate. The front panel is also fitted with two ergonomic extruded handles which allow comfortable lifting into or out of the rack.
COMBIMET 19 inch rack enclosures are available in two versions – with or without a wide matrix of cooling slots in the top and base panels. They significantly improve in-rack cooling, an important issue in 19” rack installations where large amounts of heat are generated.
All components are provided with an M4 earth stud to ensure electrical continuity of the whole assembly once all the components have been fitted.
METCASE is the aluminium enclosures division of OKW. The METCASE team has designed COMBIMET 19” rack cases to be easy to customise to individual requirements.
“For example, a customer could specify a 2U rack case pre-punched with all the necessary mounting holes for connectors, displays and switches,” said METCASE Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox.
“The enclosures could also be specified in any size, painted in special colours, silk screen printed with control legends and fitted with additional mounting plates and metal components.”
Rather than customising existing stock, METCASE manufactures these custom versions from scratch in batches as small as 10 pieces – which means prices for custom versions can be very competitive.
Features of the COMBIMET 19” rack case range:
- Versatile 19 inch rack cases in 1U, 2U and 3U sizes
- Cases conform to DIN 41494 and IEC 297-1
- Very modern design incorporating ergonomic front panel handles
- Robust aluminium case body with removable top, base and rear panels
- Plain or ventilated top and base panels
- Anodised aluminium 19" front panel
- Mounting holes in the base for PCBs and chassis
- M4 earth studs on all components for electrical continuity
- Cases supplied fully assembled
- Protection Class – <IP40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colours – front panel, clear anodised; case body and handles, Light Grey (RAL 7035) or Black (RAL 9005). Powder epoxy polyester paint
- Contents – top panel (vented or unvented), base panel (vented or unvented), side panel (x2), rear panel, 19" front panel, handle (x2), M4 x 16 mm (x4), M3 x 8 mm (x12), M3 x 8 mm (x6)
- Accessories – chassis plate, PCB mounting pillars, rack mounting kit.
Combimet 19" Rack Cases >>