|Web Press Release
METCASE has extended its DATAMET range of wall mount enclosures with three new black models aimed at heavier industrial applications.
These stylish aluminium enclosures are designed for mounting indoor electronics to a wall or machine housing.
DATAMET’S unique four-part assembly allows all-round access to the electronics during installation and servicing.
Typical applications for DATAMET electronic enclosures include control units, measurement technology, medical equipment, safety and security systems, communication devices and machine controllers.
DATAMET instrument enclosures consist of an attractive diecast front bezel which locates on to the fabricated aluminium case body and rear panel assembly.
The front bezel has a recessed aperture for mounting an anodised aluminium front panel.
Front panels are supplied as accessories and can be easily adapted for membrane keypads, display modules, push-buttons and rotary controls.
The rear panel includes mounting points for fixing the PCBs and fitting the enclosure to a wall or machine. The underside of the case body can be used for cable glands or connectors.
DATAMET metal enclosures are very easy to assemble. There are no visible fixing screws on the case body or rear panel.
Three standard sizes are offered: 250 x 180 x 120 mm (S), 350 x 250 x 120 mm (M) and 400 x 300 x 120 mm (L).
The new models are painted all black, RAL 9005. Existing models are painted in a combination of window grey, RAL 7040 (bezel) and light grey, RAL 7035 (case body). The paint finish is textured polyester.
METCASE Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “DATAMET’s all-round access makes installation and servicing very easy and the three new black models will be particularly popular for use in heavier industrial applications.”
On demand, METCASE can supply DATAMET as custom enclosures with additional holes for push-buttons, connectors and displays plus silk screen printed legends and logos. The cases can also be made in non-standard sizes and painted in other colours. Prices start at £78.
Features of DATAMET equipment enclosures:
- Very modern design in three standard sizes
- Total access to the electronics from all sides during installation and servicing
- Rear panel ('L' section) provides fixing holes for PCBs and mounting plates on the inside and cable glands and power inlets on the underside face
- Pre-punched wall mounting points are also provided
- Top panel ('U' section) fits over the rear panel and also secures the front bezel
- Diecast front bezel provides a modern look to the cases and includes a recessed area for fitting the front panel
- Four M4 earth studs provided inside
- Two standard colour combinations
- All fixings supplied with case
- Anodised front panels and mounting plate kit available as accessories
- Material – Aluminium
- Standard Colours – front bezel, window grey (RAL 7040); case body, light grey (RAL 7035); bezel and case body, black (RAL 9005), powder epoxy polyester paint
- Contents – top panel, rear panel, front bezel, M4 x 16 mm (x4), M4 x 6 mm (x2), M3 x 8 mm (x4)
- Accessories – front panel, mounting plate kit.
METCASE also manufactures five ranges of 19” rack cases in 1U, 2U and 3U sizes and seven ranges of desktop enclosures.
Datamet Enclosures >>